Интересные задания 5-6 класс
ReadingTime: 20 minutesMaximum points –10Read the text and decide if sentences are True, False, or this information is not mentioned in the text –Not Stated.Easy WritingHave you ever heard of Lazlo Biro? He invented the ballpoint pen (the biro). His invention has made writing a lot easier for everyone.
In the 1930s Lazlo Biro worked for a newspaper in Budapest in Hungary. While writing his articles he used an ink pen which left a lot of ink stains on paper. He often watched the newspaper being printed by huge printing machines. Biro noticed that the ink used in the printing machines dried very quickly.
He wondered if this quick-drying ink could be used in pens. He had the idea of using a tube of quick-drying ink with a ball at the end. He found that when you wrote with it, the ball allowed ink to flow out of the tube and on to the paper. Because it dried quickly it did not smudge like ordinary ink.
Biro was very excited by his discovery. His pen was much easier and smoother to write with. It was especially helpful to left-handed people. With the pen, it was possible to write up to 200,000 words before the ink ran out. It was even possible to write on rough surfaces.
Another advantage of the ballpoint pen was that it was cheap. You just threw it away when the ink ran out and got another one!Unfortunately, before he was able to patent* his invention, the Second World War broke out. Biro went to Brazil. There, he and his brother George began to improve the design of the pen.
In the early 1940s they began to manufacture a new pen, but they did not have enough money to start a big company.In 1944 he sold his business to an Englishman named Henry Martin. Martin produced thousands of Biro pens. He sold many to the men and women in the American and British armies.
People liked the pens very much. They were convenient and easy to carry around and they could be used anywhere. They were cheaper than fountain pens. Later, Martinsold the business to a French company called BIC. This company now sells twelve million pens a day.
Biro was pleased that his pen was so popular, but he did not make a lot of money from his invention. He died quite a poor man in South America. However, his name is not forgotten. It has become an everyday word.*When an inventor patents something, this prevents others from using the invention without permission.
1.Biro was a Hungarian journalist.( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
2.Biro’s birthday is celebrated in some countries as Inventors’ Day. ( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
3.Biro invented his pen without seeing a printing machine at work.( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
4.The ink used in printing machines was different from ordinary ink. ( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
5.You can write longer with a ballpoint pen than with an ink pen. ( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
6.The new pen could write not only on paper. ( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
7.In the 1940s Biro brothers’ business was rather successful. ( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
8.Biro sold his business to BIC. ( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
9.Fountain pens were cheaper and easier to use.( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated10.Biro’s name is still honored by his relatives in South America.( ) True( ) False( ) Not Stated
Олимпиада по английскому языку, 5 класс | олимпиадные задания по английскому языку (5 класс): | образовательная социальная сеть
Прослушай текст и, выбрав правильный ответ из предложенных вариантов, закончи предложения.
- She is … .
A) a teacher B) a student C) a worker
- She goes to school … .
A) in London B) in a little town C) near London
- She lives … London .
A) in B) near C) far from
- She lives with her parents and … .
A) a sister B) two brothers C) a brother
- Her brother is … .
A) four B) forty C) fourteen
- She has a … .
A) dog B) dog and a cat C) cat
- She likes … .
A) playing football B) watching football on TV C) going to a football match
- … she goes to a football match.
A) Sometimes B) Usually C) Once a week
- She … .
A) likes sports very much B) doesn’t like sports C) hates sports
Прочитайте текст и выполните задание после него.
A Week at British School.
We arrive at school every morning before 9 o’clock. We bring our homework with us and give it to the teacher. When we are late, there’s trouble! On Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays our first lesson is Maths. We have Maths after break on Fridays, too. We learn Geometry, Algebra and Arithmetic. Our teacher is Mr. Stern. We learn French at 10 o’clock on Tuesdays and at 2 o’clock in the afternoon on Wednesdays and Fridays. We learn grammar in class. We try to speak French in the language laboratory. It’s fun — but we can’t say much! Geography lessons are on Mondays and Thursdays at 11.10. We’re learning about Japan. It’s interesting. But we’d like to go to Japan! Every day at 12 o’clock, we have games or gymnastics. When it rains, we do gym indoors. When the weather is good, we play football or netball outside. After that, it’s lunch time. We’re always hungry! After lunch, three times a week, we do cookery or woodwork. Everybody does Art at 2.40 on Fridays. We paint and draw and some people learn pottery, too. School finishes at 4 o’clock. We learn science three times a week: first lesson on Tuesdays, from 2.40 to 4 o’clock on Wednesdays, and at 10 o’clock on Thursdays. Here we are learning about water and air.
Согласитесь (True) или не согласитесь (False) со следующими утверждениями.
10. They arrive at school at 9 o’clock.
11. They learn Algebra, Geometry, and Arithmetic.
12. They try to speak French in the language laboratory.
13. They are learning about China and want to go there.
14. When it rains they do gym outdoors.
15. They have cookery and woodwork after lunch.
16. On Fridays they do Art. They paint and draw.
17. They learn about water and air when they have Geography.
- Use of English and Cultural Awareness
Подумай и выполни задания на знаний лексики и грамматики английского языка.
18. Выбери правильный вариант слова во множественном числе
a foot —
A) foots B) footes C) feet D) foot E) feets
19. Дополни предложение, выбрав подходящее по смыслу слово.
My mother’s sister is my _____________.
А) uncle B) sister C) aunt D) daughter E) grandmother
20. Найди лишнее слово в логическом ряду.
А) cat B) mouse C) rabbit D) tail E) dog
21. Заполни пропуск в предложении.
It …snow in summer.
- don’t B) isn’t C) doesn’t D) hasn’t E) is
22. Продолжи ряд порядковых числительных: first, second, third, fourth, ____
A) five; B) fifty C) fifteen D) fifth E)fiveth
23. Вставь пропущенное слово:
How … you today? – I’m fine thanks
- are B) am C) is D) be E) have
Найди обобщающее слово для каждой строки
weather, season, months, sports, family
24. ____: rainy, sunny, warm, snowy, cloudy.
25. ____: mum, grandma, dad, grandpa, brother.
26. ____: volleyball, table tennis, hockey, football.
27. ____: winter, spring, summer, autumn.
28.____: December, June, August, September.
Хорошо ли вы знаете страну изучаемого языка? Выбери правильный ответ.
29. The capital of the United Kingdom of Great Britain is …
A) New York B) Washington C) London D) Dublin
30. Which holiday is celebrated on the 25th of December?
A) Christmas Day B) Halloween C) Easter C) New Year Day
31. The main symbol of London is…
A) The Red Square B) The Tour Eiffel C) The Statue of Liberty D) The Tower
Умеешь ли ты писать по-английски? Заполни анкету о себе.
32. Name ____________________________________________________
33. Surname __________________________________________________
34. Date of birth ______________________________________________
35. Family _____________________________________________________
36. Favorite subjects_____________________________________________
37. What are your hobbies?_____________________________________
38. Favorite sports_____________________________________________
39. Do you have any pets?_______________________________________
ЛИСТ ОТВЕТОВ УЧАСТНИКА
32. Name _______________________________________________________
33. Surname ____________________________________________________
34. Home address ________________________________________________
35. Family ______________________________________________________
- Favorite subjects______________________________________________
- What are your hobbies?________________________________________
- Favorite sports_______________________________________________
- Do you have any pets?__________________________________________
Критерии оценивания конкурса и схема подсчета баллов
Каждое правильно выполненное задание оценивается в один балл.
Общий подсчет баллов