Задания для школьного этапа олимпиады по английскому языку для учащихся 10-11 классов | олимпиадные задания по английскому языку (10 класс) по теме: | образовательная социальная сеть
Материалы школьного этапа Всероссийской олимпиады школьников по английскому языку
(10 -11 класс)
Раздел 1. Аудирование
Listen to the text and choose the correct answer
- The city can boast the ancient…
a) theatre b) cinema d) library
- The amphitheatre has … seats on both levels.
a) nineteen b) forty two c) twenty three
- The high parapet proves that …
a) there are five entrances onto the stage b) fights were held there
c) spectators used to walk there
- The form of the stadium resembles the letter …
a)T b) U c) V
- The stadium used to hold … twenty thousand people.
a) much than b) more than c) less than
- … was decorated with statues of athletes.
a) The stadium b) The stage c) A huge building
- Two in every three of the spaces were …
a) the stadium b) the theatre c) shops
- … shops are connected to each other.
a) All the b) Some of the c) Modern
- The wall to separate a part of the stadium was built … .
a) not long ago b) in the third century c) recently
- The guide wants to show the … .
a) suburbs b) castle c) main street
Раздел 2. Чтение. Задание 1
Установите соответствие между заголовками A—F и текстами 1—5. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании один заголовок лишний.
- Joke D. Fairy- tale
- Poem E. The most popular fiction
- Gardening F. Retrospection
- I sit and wait
Does an angel contemplate my fate?
And do they know?
The places where we go
When we are grey and old?
- — What your husband needs, Mrs. Lopez, is a complete rest. I have prescribed sleeping pills.
- I claim to smoke for pleasure but I realize that slowly I am losing control and I hate that. I feel I`m already cooked.
- The genre of detective stories is one of the most popular nowadays both in Britain and in Russia. Detective stories together with romances are sold in millions of copies all over the world. That is what we prefer.
- If you want your flower to grow constantly within summer, water them regularly and fertilizer in a proper way as the instruction demands.
Прочитайте текст и заполните пропуски 1-6 частями предложений, обозначенными буквами A-G. Одна из частей в списке A-G лишняя. Занесите букву, обозначающую соответствующую часть предложения, в таблицу.
William Blake (1757-1827) is today regarded as one of the most original English writers and artists, 1___________________________________________.
Born in London, he spent most of his years in the centre of the capital, but 2___________________; the streets of the metropolis became for him windows to infinite time and space.
Blake`s visions began early, and throughout his life he experienced what was, for him, direct contact with spirits of the long-dead, with angels, God and the devil. While modern psychiatry would consider Blake to have been under the spell of hallucinations, 3___________________________.
He was also not shy in describing the sources of his inspiration to his friends and colleagues. The eccentric reputation he thus gained did little to help him to commercial success; for most of his life his work was neglected, 4____________________________________.
But while his work was often out of step with his time, few of the best artists of his day doubted his technical ability. Trained as an engraver, he pushed forward the boundaries of that art by his own innovations, and combined it with his poetry to such an extent 5_____________________________. Among the best known (and easiest to understand) of his hand-illustrated books are Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience, 6________________________________________________.
- and he often lived near to poverty
- yet during his lifetime he was largely ignored and often called mad
- that one cannot be properly understood without the other
- for him the vision were real and directly inspired and guided his art
- his visionary powers transformed everything around him
- which contain some of the simplest and most beautiful lyrics in the English language
- he never quite left home
Раздел 3. Грамматика и лексика.
1. Put the correct word.
1. Where is Kate? She _____ tennis.
A. plays B. is playing C. play D. played
2. ______ not any glass in the windows, that is why ____ so cold in the room.
A. It is, there is B. It was, there is C. There are, it is D. There is, it is
3. She was tired and asked me _____ make so much noise.
A. didn’t B. did not to C. not D. not to
4. Both Steve ______ Jane ______ here.
A. or, is B. and, is C. or, are D. and, are
5. I didn’t know if he needed any help. _______ ?
A. So did I B. Neither did I C. So didn’t I D. Neither didn’t I
6. ___ President of ___ United States lives in ____ White House in ___ Washington D.C.
A. -, the, the, — B. -, the, -, the C. -, -, the, the D. The, the, the, —
7. I have my English class ___ Monday morning.
A. in B. at C. for D. on
8. _____ breakfast yet? Yes, I ____.
A. Did you have, have B. Had you had, have C. Have you had, have D. Do you have, had
9. I was late. The teacher ___ a test when I ___ to class.
A. has already given, got B. had already given, got C. has already given, get D. was already giving, get
10. How long will it ___ to do the homework?
A. need her B. take her C. she take D. she need
11. Mary has never been to London, ____ she?
A. has B. did C. hasn’t D. didn’t
12. According ___ the list he was the 10th.
A. to B. at C. on D. for
13. He grew up in New England, ____?
A. don’t you B. didn’t he C. doesn’t he D. did he
14. Lorena is ____ girl I have ever met.
A. the most beautiful B. a more beautiful C. the beautifulest D. most beautiful
15. Newspapers and magazines ____ just by the postman.
A. have been bring B. has been brought C. have been brought D. were bought
16. I haven’t got ______ money with me.
A. no B. some C. any D. a
17. He said he _____ that man before.
A. never met B. did not meet C. had never met D. did not never meet
18. When I ______ the children ______ television peacefully.
A. came, watched B. came, were watching C. was coming, were watching D. was coming, watched
19. Have you ever been _____ Paris.
A. in B. to C. at D. through
20. Who ____ Phil with his homework?
A. does help B. helps C. do help D. help
21. The train ______ at 5 o’clock.
A. will leave B. leaves C. leave D. is leaving
22. My sister ____ some new clothes last week.
A. had bought B. bought C. was buying D. have bought
23. The tickets ____ yesterday.
A. was sold B. sold C. were sold D. sell
24. Lisa said that she ______ this book.
A. buys B. bought C. has bought D. had bought
25. She _____ to Moscow, if she _____ her homework.
A. go, will do B. goes, does C. will go, does D. will go, do
2. Word formation. Form a word that fits.
School inspectors have found that contrary to all (0) expectations (EXPECT)
children don`t (1)_________________( LIKE )homework at all. In fact, many do more than their teachers suggest, either because of (2) ___________ (ANXIOUS) about their marks or simply for (3) __________ (ENJOY). The inspectors` findings add to the evidence of the (4) __________ (POWER) beneficial effects of homework on pupils` (5) _________ (ACHIEVE).
The inspectors also recommend the (6) _________ (INTRODUCE) of “homework charters”. These tell parents and children how much (7) ________ (ADD) work is expected and provide (8) __________ (ENCOURAGE) to schools to form links with parents who can check that tasks are (9) ___________ (PROPER) completed. International (10) ___________ (COMPARE) suggest that a typical 14-year-old does 6 hours homework in Britain, 8 hours in Italy, and almost 9 hours in Hungary, Japan and Poland.
Раздел 4. Culture Quiz
Choose a, b, c or d to answer the questions
- What is the most ancient sight in Great Britain?
a) the Tower of London b) Stonehenge c) Hadrian`s Wall d) Warwick Castle
- What do British people call “La Manche”?
a) the British Channel b) the English Channel c) the French Channel d) the Irish Channel
- When did the Romans first invade Britain?
a) in 55 AD b) in 55 BC c) in 155 BC d) in 155 AD
- What is the British Royal Family`s surname?
a) Lancaster b) York c) Windsor d) Hanover
- Which is the longest?
a) an inch b) a mile c) a kilometer d) a yard
- Of how many states was the USA initially composed?
a) 10 b) 11 c ) 12 d) 13
- Which of the following English proverbs corresponds to «Своя рубаха ближе к телу»?
a) Every cloud has its silver lining. b) Clothes make the man.
c) Every bird likes its own nest. d) Charity begins at home
- What is an “English breakfast”?
a) an early meal b) a substantial breakfast c) a quick breakfast d) cold leftovers
- What is the British money today?
a) euros b) dollars c) pounds d) crowns
- Who wrote “Winnie-the-Pooh”?
a) A. Milne b) L. Carroll c) O. Wilde d) J.R. Tolkien
Раздел 5. Письмо.
Comment on the following statement.
Some people argue that in the modern world it is necessary to be able to speak at least two foreign languages. Others say that it is better to know one foreign language very well than to have poor command of two foreign languages.
What is your opinion?
Write 200 — 250 words
Use the following plan:
— make an introduction (state the problem)
— express your personal opinion and give reasons for it
— give arguments for the other point of view
— explain why you don`t agree with it
— draw a conclusion
2. К.С. Махмурян, О.П. Мельчина: Олимпиады по английскому языку для 9 – 11 классов; Титул; 2022.
Раздел 1. Аудирование:
1 балл за каждый правильный ответ – всего 10 баллов
1a, 2b, 3b, 4b, 5c, 6c, 7c, 8b, 9b, 10c
Раздел 2. Чтение: 1 балл за каждый правильный ответ – всего 11 баллов
1. 1B, 2A, 3F,4E, 5C
2. 1B, 2G, 3D, 4A, 5C, 6F
Раздел 3. Грамматика и лексика
1 балл за каждый правильный ответ – всего 25 баллов:
1. 1) B; 2) D; 3) D; 4) D; 5) B; 6) D; 7) D; 8) C; 9) B; 10) B; 11) A; 12) A; 13) B; 14) A; 15) C; 16) C; 17) C; 18) B; 19) B; 20) B; 21) B; 22) B; 23) C; 24) D; 25) C
2. 1балл за каждый правильный ответ – всего 10 баллов:
1. dislike 2. anxiety
3. enjoyment 4. powerful
5. achievement 6. introduction
7. additional 8. encouragement
9. properly 10. comparisons
Раздел 4. Страноведение
1 балл за каждый правильный ответ – всего 10 баллов:
1b, 2b, 3b, 4c, 5b, 6d, 7d, 8b, 9c,10a
Раздел 5. Письмо — 14 баллов
Общая сумма баллов работы – 80